V.Madhusudhana RaoI Mr. Madhusudhana Rao, took Radiotherapy at Miot hospital in the month of january..
Wishes to acknowledge with deep appreciation and profound satisfaction for the service you have rendered to us when we were in deeply depressed and suffering stage.
The Doctors, Nurses, Technicians, also the secretary of the Department of Radiation oncology, were very patient, caring, and very skillful. They all wore a smiling face, which itself drives away our mental agony. Really I am thrilled with the hospitality which transformed my pain into a little more comfort. I feel I made a correct decision in choosing your Hospital, which is a budding one, equipped with latest technology.
I hope, the hospital continues to keep up the same tradition in coming days also.
Bhairavi.Thanx a lot for such quick response. You guys are really professionals.
I got operated in 2006 December by Dr. Sathish Kumar. In 2007, we got transferred back to Mumbai after which lipoma recurred and I got operated in one of the most famous hospital in Mumbai. I am telling this because i tell everyone that Miot is the best. Its high time that I let u know guys know that you are the best. In Miot, i was only discharged after the drain was removed, everything was so systematic. Doctors were extremely helpful. I had stayed in the Retreat section. so the whole system of taking me to OR and no crowding outside OR, giving me cell phone to talk to my family when i was kept for observation was just amazing. Dr. Mohandas coming himself to meet all the patients, i can say with that positive and such strong energy, any patient’s recovery time would be reduced by half. Nurses coming in time whenever they are called for. Cleanliness is the most important thing and the hospital is sparkling clean, 10/10.
Whereas in mumbai, i was discharged in 3 days with my drain still oozing. every 2 days i had to spend 1000 rs from my home to hospital to get my drain checked. Doctor told me very clearly that he will not operate if lipoma occured for third time since it is very time consuming. The whole system was pathetic, no one was interested in patient’s comfort. Nurses were pathetic. When it came to cleanliness, i would give them 4/10. I stayed in non-a/c for 3 days, still bill amount was almost double than in miot where i stayed for 8 days in Retreat even using the beauty parlour and restaurant service on 7th day.
i called you guys for histopath report, i got it immediately. the guys in mumbai told me to call up tomorrow to just know the status.
Of course, right from the doctors, the receptionist talking with a smile, the lady who gives sponge bath, the cook who prepares food for patient, they all constitute in making a hospital which all hospitals have. Most of the hospitals only concentrate on the top layer, but miot sees to it that all the layers right from topmost till lowest are best.
once again, MIOT is best.
V.K.NaageswaranWe have been in touch with you since January last when my wife and I first visited your hospital for a consultation regarding the acute arthritis complaint she has been having for the past few years.
A surgery was recommended by you for both the knees. As we did not want to have it done simultaneously for both the legs, my wife had it done for the left knee in July last. She has since recovered well and subsequently she has also had her reviews thrice so far.
Whereas we had come across lot of negative reports on the hospital in the websites, our experience has been quite different and diametrically opposite!
We are quite impressed with the following striking features of the hospital
- Excellent security arrangement.
- Restricted visitors’ entry
- Overall cleanliness despite the heavy crowd of patients for consultations
- Generally courteous service of staff around
- Good canteen facilities
- Doctors free communication with the patients and their attendants
- State-of-the-art diagnostic services
While the above list is a list of general observations, the outstanding features are the following
- Availability of a Ace Surgeon Dr. Barry (for knee replacement) whose deft handling of the cases is nothing short of a magical touch! My wife has decided to have her next surgery for the right knee done in January 2013 but only if she is assured of the magical touch of Dr. Barry!! His most humanistic approach to patients was evident when we happened to see him in the interior pathway during one of the reviews when he instantly recognized my wife and when she chose to have an informal consultation in the pathway itself! Unreservedly he did check her on spot and prescribed some tablets also, all with a smiling face like a Good Samaritan! As one who had only spinal anesthesia, my wife vividly remembers the happenings inside the operation theatre and very often shares it with me and our son: that Dr. Barry was so very informal with everyone around even joking sometimes. A Doctor of his stature can be extremely formal and still command respect from his team but he is a rare specimen who does not believe in that. In the subsequent scheduled consultations too never has he shown any tendency to drive the patient away as quickly as possible.
The worth of the buildings in the hospital complex can be evaluated in terms Rupees or U S Dollars but invaluable being the worth of Dr. Barry, the buildings will just be worthless in His absence.
- Another invaluable support the hospital has is the service of the two PROs – Ms.Guilan and Ms. Janes. It is understood that as PROs, they are supposed to be having lot of charisma. In most cases, for people in that role, that such a charisma is so very artificial would be obvious from their behavior and attitude itself whereas in these two cases, one cannot see anything but a sense of commitment in their behavior and attitude – from their concern for patients’ requirements, from their abilities in handling patients’ enquiries/doubts, from their ability to recognize the past patients instantly in a place where hundreds visit every day. When I checked for review appointment over phone early this week, it so happened that the call got routed to Ms. Guilan and the moment my wife’s name was mentioned, the lightning response was, “How is she? Last time you said she had been having continuing pain?… if you want to consultant Dr. Barry, please rush immediately as he is available today in the morning hours”. Her response did not just stop there, before our reaching the hospital, she had spoken to Ms Janes and when we did reach, Ms. Guilan was not around but Ms. Janes who saw us last time about 2 months ago, instantly recognized us and literally drove us into the consulting hall saying that we could pay for it after consultation. She herself got the consultation number for us. It was like boarding an aircraft at the nick of the moment, otherwise we would have missed Dr. Barry on that day.Generally, at their level, misunderstanding between two staff members in the same cadre would be very common but in their case, the kind of understanding they have and the level of coordination in the discharge of their duties make them unique.
The Hospital Management should note to recognize them well as both of them also are rare assets.
I may not have been truthful in this testimony without the following negative observations that do not defy rectification:
- When my wife was removed to ICU ward after the surgery, for want of space she had been provided bed in a place which was not that clean, being close to a wash-basin and the storage area. My wife was disturbed at the sight of the environment. Of course, when our son took up the matter with the duty Doctor, she was removed to a good place. We regretted the need for such a request. While such constraints are quite common, those in charge should at least ensure that the environment is neat and clean.
- While it is good that food is served to patients and their attendants in the hospital itself, the recurring problem we had was items served did not conform to our specified requirements. Understandably, there was not much of a coordination between the one who took indent for food and the caterer. This is another aspect to be looked into.
In fact, I should have sent this testimony long back but my son who was here from the U.S. to be of help to us and who was himself an attendant at the hospital during the 1 week stay of my wife desired that he would himself send this mail after returning to the U.S. However, as it invariably happens, after he returned, he became so much tied up with his work, he did not find even breathing time for writing this mail and so finally requested me to do it from here after showing the draft to him. I have done this as desired by him and I need not add that this mail has been perfected by him as his experience in the hospital is more than mine.
In a way, I am also glad that I have delayed it by a few months for in many cases, service during the period of stay in the hospital may be very good but post-surgery service (like post-sales service) may leave much to be desired in most of the hospitals. So, this cooling off time (free from the emotional experience during the stay in hospital) has enabled us to make a perfect evaluation of the post-surgery service also.
After all, in modern days, hospitals are verily in sellers market and there is no dire need to be so very punctilious about post-surgery service – if ‘X’ does not have the next surgery done here, ‘Y’ will come for his/her first surgery and the wheel will keep on moving as there is no dearth of patients anywhere in India!
We wish that MIOT not only claims to be a pioneer in this field but very soon claims to be a ROLE MODEL also in this industry!
S. GurusaranarajI am S. Gurusaranaraj (son of late Shri.G. Sivaraj) residing at Srinagar colony in Saidapet.
My father had undergone hip replacement surgery in 2008 at MIOT. I am penning this mail to express our gratitude to your team comprising medical & non-medical staff who were very efficient in restoring normalency for my mother Smt. Rajarajeswari Sivaraj who had been admitted on Sept. 6th at medical ICU and later discharged on Sept. 11th.
I sincerely thank you and your team right from the ambulance staff up to expert doctors and specialists at your hospital for all the services rendered.
Anuja MenonI would like to sincerely Thank you and your team for all the support and cooperation shown by them towards this event.
The entire event went smoothly and even when there were tough situations, your team managed it excellently.
I’m extremely happy at the way the MHC was organized and conducted by you and your team.
We would like to specially thank You, Tamil, Gitanjali, and the restaurant at MIOT.
Thank you so much to the entire team:
- Dr. Sanjay Pandey – C.A.O
- Dr. Sujatha Reddy – Doctor
- Dr. Mohammed Mansoor – Doctor
- Dr. John Peter – Doctor
- Dr. Kavya Krishna Kumar – Gynaec Doctor
- Mrs. Gitanjali .B – MHC – PRO
- Mr. Madhan Kumar .M – Marketing (P.R.O – MHC)
- Mrs. Nancy & Mrs. Sudha .S, Ms. Jaya – Front Office Secretaries
- Mr. Senthil – Secretary
- Mrs. Latha .S – Secretary
- Mrs. Elcy James – OP Incharge
- MS. S. Sathya – Staff Nurse
- Mr. Vijaya Kumar – Lab Incharge
- Ms. R. Divya, Mrs. Chitra, Mrs. Prema, Ms. Raji, Mr. Jayapaul, Ms. Anu Divya – Lab Technicians
- Mrs. Renuga Devi .S and Ms. Tamilselvi – ECG & TMT Technicians
- Mr. Kamaraj – X-ray Incharge
- Mr. Balaji .E, Mr. Selva Kumar – X-ray technicians
- Mr. Udaya Kumar – House Keeping Incharge & Mr. Arogya Das – Housekeeping Supervisor
- Mrs. Anitha, Ms. Elavarasi, Ms. Lakshmi, Ms. Revathi, Ms. Ramya – Usher girls
- Mrs. Yellamma – House keeping Ayah
Sarath & VeenaThis is with regard to the birth of our daughter on 28.08.2012 at MIOT Hospitals, Retreat Block at 4:40 AM (Normal delivery).
We are extremely happy with the service rendered by the whole Gynecology team, I don’t think we can ever imagine of asking for something better than this. So we felt it would be unfair, if we don’t share our moment of joy with you and the team.
My wife Veena Sarooj had problems with her spine and was under the observation of Dr. Nikhil a year back. Having this ailment in mind, we had been consulting Miot Hospitals for the last 8 months during her pregnancy tenure. Considering the fact that Miot Hospitals is well known for Bone specialization and not Gynecology comparatively, Most of our friends and well-wishers raised this question to us. But Miot has answered every one’s question by proving that it functions at its best as always. Regardless to say that we are completely moved by the way Dr. Saraswathi Gokolraj and her team took care of us throughout the pregnancy tenure. We were delighted by the facility and care shown in patiently waiting rather taking a caesarian option.
The whole team Dr. Saraswathi Gokolraj, Dr. Shrinivas, Dr. Manju, Roja Sister and Lincy Sister did a splendid job. We and our family will cherish this moment for a very long time. Though Miot Hospitals is one among the best Hospitals in the world they keep proving it day by day with something new.
Dr. Saraswathi Gokolraj supported us excellently and did not create any panic what so ever, she had complete control over the whole situation and demonstrated what experience really means. Again special thanks to Roja sister for the way she monitored and motivated us, over all she kept on communicating and letting my wife know what was exactly happening. Kudos to the entire team for their effort.
Please don’t forget to convey our happiness with the team. For this service we can only do one small thing from our side and that will be referring the MIOT Gynecology department to our friends and relatives as always.
Looking forward for your continuous support.
Sarath & Veena
Kanimozhi. AI would first of all would like to tell my heartfelt thanks to your whole team for making my radiation treatment comfortable.
I would like to pass on my special thanks and appreciation to brothers Elangovan and Mohandas and to sister Tincy. From day one of the treatment till the last day they made the treatment more comfortable and saw to that I did not have any discomforts as I was unable to keep my position properly due to pain. But they were so patient enough and there was not a day left when they asked how I was felling.
Their care, ever smiling faces and treatment allotted on the right time without making us wait longer is very much appreciated. this is the approach patients like us want. I noticed that this approach was not only to me but to everyone who came there.
Thank you to your team once again sir.
T.L.KumaramurthiI would like to introduce as T.L.Kumaramurthi and my wife's name is Sandhya.
My elder son T.Harish Lakshman aged 10 years was admitted in your esteemed Hospital on 11th of Jan\’12 for severe vomiting in the last few days…
My father in law (Senior Journalist in a leading daily) suggested MIOT Hospitals as he\’s well aware of the innovative treatments&Surgeries performed at MIOT…
We approached Dr.Srinivasan (Paediatrician) to treat my son… We submitted all the previous reports done at a different hospital and expressed our concern…
Few tests have been done and the results displayed normal. However, the Vomiting was not getting stopped. The intensity of vomiting increased and were all worried about the seriousness of the illness. Adding to it, there was an unbearable pain over the abdomen as well.
When things were looking very dark, Dr.Srinivasan suggested a CT Scan of abdomen & came out with a perfect diagnosis suspecting MALROTATION OF MIDGUT VOLVULUS… (I may be wrong in expressing the exact Medical terminology)… The intestine twist had changed to blue colour… Hence, an emergency surgery was suggested… All other tests were done at lightning speed…
Dr.Raghavan (Paedatric Surgeon) performed the surgery. The surgery lasted for about 3 hrs and only when the doctors came out, we realised the fact that the case was really life threatening… Even an half hr delay could have proved fatal.
Here is where, we sincerely want to appreciate MIOT Hospitals, Dr.Srinivasan, Dr.Raghavan and the entire crew for saving my son\’s life. As mentioned earlier, the initial treatment was done at a different Hospital and the case was not diagonised properly… Not to find fault with any other institution, but only to express our strong view and the fact that MIOT Hospitals can always do the right thing at the right time.
Doctors are God. Doctors perform the action of God. God cannot perform certain actions on his own directly & so to perform a few of HIS actions, GOD created Doctors. To our Family, Dr.Srinivasan, Dr.Raghavan & the entire crew are God. MIOT is the temple where the team of doctors are performing the act of GOD.
The hospitality extended by MIOT Hospitals and Dr.Srinivasan can never be expressed in words.
The services rendered by the Staffs at TICU & MICU were exemplary.
We would be doing injustice to ourselves, if we fail to mention the names of Mr.Raju, Mr.Suresh Babu, Mr.Devaraj, Mr.Hariharan , Ms.Sunitha Florence extended a selfless service during those crucial times.
We again sincerely thank you for all hospitality by MIOT Hospitals and we pray to the almighty that all the Doctors, staff & patients of MIOT shall be blessed with a long and healthy life.