International Patient Care
India has always known to be a welcoming country to those who want to devour her myriad cultures and glorious wonders. In such a hospitable nation is MIOT International, which has been welcoming patients from over 130 countries for close to four decades; patients who come in the hope of getting back to life healthier and happier. Being the India’s Best Hospital for International Patients this has enabled patients to trust MIOT with their lives.
The International Patients Care (IPC) division at MIOT has been the perfect host for medical tourism in India for overseas patients. It has reached out to those who needed the best healthcare in the world at an affordable cost. The team comprises warm and compassionate people who treat the patients as part of their family. And they provide a host of services, from making appointments to acting as language interpreters, and ensure that our overseas patients remain comfortable while they receive the care that they need.
Why International Patients Trust MIOT
- MIOT International is one of the India’s best medical tourism destinations for International patients seeking wellness and world class treatment at an affordable cost.
- MIOT International is a 1000-bedded super specialty hospital that has patients coming in from over 130 countries. Founded 4 decades ago, MIOT offers 63 specialities, which are led by highly trained full-time medical specialists and supported by world-class diagnostic and treatment facilities.
- Recognized both nationally and internationally, the hospital offers end to end care – diagnosis to treatment to rehabilitation, including emergency and critical care – all under one roof.
- MIOT is the only Indian Hospital where all 2500 staff are full time. This means all your specialist doctors are in the hospital all day every day. They work together as a team.
- MIOT is the only corporate entity where the owners stay on site. They take personal interest in your health care and usually either visit or monitor your progress on a daily basis.
- The infection rate at MIOT Hospitals is 0.02% which is the lowest in India.
- MIOT is a 6-time winner of the Govt. of India’s ‘Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) Award’ for maintaining quality care and global tourism, resulting in enhanced medical tourism.
Planning Your Visit
- It is natural for anyone to have anxiety issues about going to a new country for medical treatment. But when it comes to MIOT which is the best hospital for international patients in India you can rest assured that you will feel at home. That’s because our patient coordinators, international patients services and medical tourism team have mastered the art of hospitality by reaching out to patients for the last 30 years. So they plan everything for you, right from your airport pickup to your stay and your treatment at the hospital.
- But firstly, you’ll have to let us know your medical condition, and send supporting medical reports, if any, so our experts can evaluate them. Please don’t forget to share your contact details, so we can reach back to you with the opinion / diagnosis.
- Next, if you are medically fit to travel and undergo the procedure / treatment, our representative will provide you with the estimated cost of the treatment. However, in case your treatment plan changes due to unavoidable circumstances, we will provide you with an updated estimate.
- We can assure you that your journey will be seamless and hassle-free. We are here to assist you every step of the way.
Visa & Travel Assistance
After evaluating your medical condition, which if treatable / curable, our coordinators will contact you with the proposed treatment and its estimated cost, and advise you to proceed with your travel arrangements.
- Once you have decided to undergo your treatment at MIOT International, please send us your confirmation along with your passport details (both yours and the attendant’s). We will then email you the ‘Visa Letter’, which you’ll have to submit at the Indian Embassy in your country or apply online, as per your convenience. MIOT Hospitals will help you facilitate the paperwork necessary for the Visa. However, the final grant of visa rests upon the embassy and its officials
- The Indian Embassy in your country may ask you for documentation, such as proof of address, source of income to pay for medical expenditure, insurance papers, prescription and treatment plan, among others as part of your visa application. The visa fee levied will have to be borne by the individual. If the patient is travelling with a caregiver, the same procedure must be followed to secure a visa for the caregiver as well
- Once your visa is cleared and the tickets are booked, please share your itinerary with us. We will arrange for our MIOT representative to receive you at the Chennai International Airport
- Leave all your worries behind. You can be rest assured that we will be there to assist you with everything, including transportation, money exchange and obtaining a local sim card.
- Vaccination: Kindly check with your local GP regarding vaccination required. Certain endemic areas may require yellow fever certificate with minimum 14 day prior validity.
Upon landing in Chennai, be rest assured that we are there to assist you with everything, including transportation, money exchange and obtaining a local sim card.
Also, before you plan your trip, please check with your local GP regarding the required vaccination. Residents from certain endemic areas may require a Yellow Fever Certificate with a minimum 14-day prior validity.
At MIOT International, we provide end-to-end patient care services for international patients. Our dedicated patient coordinators will keep in touch with you right throughout and help you with securing the admission procedure and planning your stay in India.
- Our International Patient Care services / Medical Tourism desk will notify you of the admission date, so you can plan your travel and hospitalization accordingly
- For the best diagnosis, the specialists at MIOT may recommend you to take medical tests (such as laboratory studies, X-rays, CT, MRI, etc.) at the hospital
On request, our international patients services language interpreters will be at your service and make you feel at ease, and at home.
Accommodation & Facilities
At MIOT International, the patient’s visit and stay has been organized in such a manner that they are part of the healing process.
- Airport pickup and drop will be taken care of by our international patients care patient coordinator, so that you don’t have to worry about travelling alone in a new city
- Foreign exchange and sim card will be arranged to make your arrival hassle-free
- The hospital rooms are designed to be spacious and welcome a lot of natural light and air. 24×7 Wi-Fi access will be provided
- MIOT’s serene campus has a prayer room, which is filled with abundant peace and hope
- There are two restaurants serving international cuisine. Tasty, yet healthy delicacies can be relished here
- The hospital also houses an in-house salon
The whole MIOT family (including the doctors, nurses and medical staff) is committed to making your stay comfortable, safe and memorable. You will notice that the positivity-rich ambience and the compassion of our staff members play as much a vital role in your recovery, as the expertise of our specialists. Halal food is served. We will be able to provide any and all kind of international cuisine as per attendant’s choice at additional cost.
Discharge & Beyond
During your rehabilitation stage at MIOT, post your treatment procedure, our team of specialists will evaluate your health condition and decide if you are good to be discharged. If you are, then our medical staff will take you through the discharge instructions, which include the things you are permitted to do / restricted from doing, based on your treatment.
At MIOT, our doctors keep in touch with our patients through WhatsApp and Skype to check on their progress post-treatment. It also saves them from flying down to Chennai for regular check-ups. This just goes to show that we are committed to providing further assistance even after you have returned home.
- Joint Replacement and Revision Surgery
- Knee Replacement and Revision
- Hip Replacement and Revision
- Upper Limb
- Spine Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Trauma Care
- MIOT Institute of Cardiac Care – Overview
- Thoracic and Cardiovascular Care
- Interventional Cardiology
- MIOT Heart Revive (Cardiac Emergency)
- Children’s Cardiac Care
- Medical Gastroenterology
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Kidney Transplant
- Interventional Procedures
- Surgical Oncology
- Medical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Haematology, Haemato-Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplant
- Transfusion Medicine
- Neurology & Neurosciences
- Interventional Radiology
- Pulmonology & Sleep Medicine
- Dermatology, Cosmetic Surgery & Hair Transplant
- Internal Medicine
- Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- General Paediatrics
- Paediatric Surgery
- ENT – Head & Neck and Skull-Base Surgery
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Craniofacial & Aesthetic Surgery
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Dental Surgery
- Organ Transplant
- Keyhole Surgery
- Pinhole Surgery
Insurance Tie Ups
- Aasandha Company – Maldives
- Bank South Pacific – Fiji
- Cigna International
- Dominion Insurance
- Fijicare Insurance Limited
- Insurance Holdings ( Pacific) Ltd – Suva
- Minet Kenya Insurance Brokers Limited
- National Health Insurance Fund – Kenya
- Royal Assist Seychelles (Pty) Limited
- Rwanda Social Security Board
- Shiekan Insurance & Reinsurance Co.Ltd
- Soras Assurances Generales Ltd.
- Vanbreda Interantional
How to get treatment opinion and the estimated cost?
We will need to assess the patient’s case history / current medical reports / scans and details of previous treatment and existing treatment for our team of doctors to evaluate. Upon finalising the right treatment plan, we’ll share the estimated treatment cost with the patient.
Do you provide a visa invitation letter?
Yes, our overseas executives will assist you with providing the visa assistance letter. To initiate the process, we would request the patient and attendant(s) passport details. Once we receive the same, we will send you the visa invitation letter, addressing it to your embassy.
What are the modes of payments?
Cash or debit / credit card. Payment can be made at the time of admission. It can also be transferred to the hospital account via net banking
Do you assist with travel (Airport Pick up)?
Yes, we provide complementary airport pick up / drop service for international patients. We organize the pick up upon receiving the patient’s travel itinerary.
Do you also help with planning the stay?
We have a tie-up with hotels / guest houses / service apartments in the vicinity of the hospital for our international patients. We share the list of the same with our patients well in advance. They can book the guest house / hotel room / service apartment directly or let us know, so that we could do the same on their behalf.
Appointments are fixed as per the availability of the doctors
We advise you to get a confirmation of your appointment on call, email or message from our international patient coordinators (Medical tourism team) and then plan your visit to India
OPD is open from Monday to Saturday, between 9:00 am & 5:00 pm (Indian Standard Time)
OPD is closed on Sundays
MIOT International 360 ° Virtual Tour
Personalized Patient CareFrom the time you touchdown in India, until you board your return flight, our patient care coordinators will assist you every step of the way. This personalized care includes assistance at every stage of the treatment (hospital consultation, investigations, admission, discharge and review). We strive to ensure that your stay at MIOT is as comfortable as it can get.
Architecturally patient-friendlyThe MIOT International campus is thoughtfully-designed to offer patients every convenience and amenity. Its atriums and rooms welcome a lot of natural light and air. There are separate entrances for emergency, outpatients and inpatients, and their attendants. Laminar air-systems have been installed in the operating theatres to create a near zero-bacteria environment.
Latest Cutting-edge TechnologiesA cheerful and positive ambiance. Expert medical care and best-in-class technology. MIOT International offers end-to-end care: diagnosis to treatment to rehabilitation, including emergency and critical care – all under one roof.
A hospital of many ‘firsts’
- 1st hip joint replacement surgery
- 1st kidney transplant across blood groups
- 1st haploidentical bone marrow transplant (only needs a 50% matching donor)
- 1st to install TrueBeam STx (revolutionary radiotherapy machine)
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP) Laboratory Accreditation
- National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
- NABH accreditation for Medical Laboratory
- NABH accreditation for Medical Imaging Services
- Appointments are booked as per the availability of the doctors.
- We advise you to get a confirmation of your appointment over the phone / email from our overseas patient coordinators before you plan your visit.