Digital Cath Lab
The MIOT Heart Revive Centre has two digital Cath Labs with the innovative OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography) guidance systems, which are superior to the conventional angiogram. These advanced systems aid both diagnostic and interventional procedures on patients in all age groups.
OCT for effective stenting
OCT allows specialists to see the inside of the arteries through a light source, thus enabling more effective and long-lasting stenting.
The system produces images of extremely high resolution, which is especially important during procedures such as coronary angiography, PTCA, coronary stenting, peripheral and visceral angiography, and much more. The extraordinary angiographic image and quality aids surgeons during angioplasty as it allows for continuous and precise assessment of the patient during the procedure.
Treatments and procedures
Common procedures performed in our digital Cath Lab include:
- Coronary angiography or coronary catheterisation
- Coronary angioplasty or percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)
- Closure of some congenital heart defects
- Treatment of stenotic heart valves
- Permanent and temporary pacemaker implantations
- Electrophysiological studies such as AV node ablation
- Rotablation of heavily calcified vessels
- Left and right-sided pressure studies