Past events at MIOT
MIOT’s 10th Anniversary Celebrations
MIOT Hospitals celebrated its 10th Anniversary on Feb 12, 2009. The entire MIOT family came together and celebrated this grand occasion. Various events were organized as part of this 10th Anniversary celebration.
The morning events saw the MIOT flag hoisting by Prof. Dr. P.V.A. Mohandas – Managing Director MIOT Hospitals, oath taking ceremony by MIOT team preceded by Mrs. Mallika Mohandas -Chairman MIOT Hospitals, dance programme by MIOT School and College of Nursing and a special Skit by MIOT Staff. Mrs.Sethu Bashi wife of Dr.Bashi, Chairman – MIOT Centre for Thoracic and Cardio Vascular Care, gave away awards to MIOT staff for various performance categories.
The events in the evening took off with the special speech by the Chairman of MIOT Hospitals – Mrs. Mallika Mohandas sharing her 10 Years of Journey in MIOT and how MIOT transformed into a World Class Multi Speciality Hospital.
Prof. Dr. P.V.A.Mohandas – Managing Director – MIOT Hospitals announced a slew of free treatment packages for poor patients to coincide with MIOT’s 10th anniversary fete. This free treatment will include 10 free procedures each in heart surgery, hip replacements, knee replacements and renal transplants and free treatment for 100 Paediatric heart patients. Prof. Dr. P.V.A. Mohandas also announced that MIOT would combine corporate care with a touch of compassion towards the underprivileged and set up a corpus fund to fulfill its social commitment.
This was followed with the speech by
- Dr.Prithvi Mohandas, Joint Managing Director and Director of Hip Arthroplasty – about his personal experience of the household during the early struggle to set up MIOT
- Prof. Dr. Siegfried Weller, MIOT Director – about MIOT’s mission statement of striving for “A Better Tomorrow and a Healthy Future for the country”
- Dr. S.S.K. Marthandam, former Vice-Chancellor, Sri Ramachandra University – about MIOT’s work Ethics and dedicated team work
- Mr. Inder Chopra, President, Delphi-TVS Diesel Systems, cited a few special personal experiences to illustrate the core values of MIOT Hospitals.
- Prof. Dr. U. Holz, MIOT Director and Dr. Barry D’Rosario, Director, Centre for Joint Replacement Surgery also spoke.
Earlier, Ms. Karin Weller, wife of Dr. Weller, gave away awards to doctors and staff who combined excellent work with deep commitment to the job.
The limelight of all the events was the Pantomime produced by Dr. Prithvi Mohandas and performed by MIOT doctors, nurse and staff team.
MIOT Flag Hoist by Prof. Dr. P.V.A. Mohandas – Managing Director MIOT Hospitals
Oath taking ceremony by MIOT Family preceded by Mrs. Mallika Mohandas - Chairman MIOT Hospitals
During Oath taking ceremony
Left to Right: Dr.Prithvi Mohandas - MIOT Director & Director of Hip Arthroplasty; Mrs.Sethu Bashi wife of Dr.Bashi, Chairman – MIOT Centre for Thoracic and Cardio Vascular Care; Mrs. Mallika Mohandas - Chairman MIOT Hospitals and Prof. Dr. P.V.A. Mohanda
Audience – MIOT Family
During the 10th Anniversary Celebration
Prof. Dr. P.V.A.Mohandas – Managing Director MIOT Hospitals announcing a slew of free treatment packages for poor patients to coincide with MIOT’s 10th anniversary fete