BD-MIOT Center of Excellence in Phlebotomy
Certificate Course in Phlebotomy
Aligned with its commitment to drive high quality practices that improve patient safety in India, BD (Becton Dickinson & Company) and MIOT International, Chennai has joined hands for creating the Center of Excellence (CoE) in Phlebotomy. This Landmark Initiative will provide phlebotomy course to healthcare professionals, lab technicians and nurses and support them in driving best practices in pre-analytical processes for accurate and reliable diagnosis.
Studies have indicated that nearly 68% of all errors in the laboratory testing are associated with the pre-analytical phase – phlebotomy (blood collection) being a major component in this phase. The major pre-analytical errors associated with phlebotomy include inadequate patient preparation, transcriptional errors, incorrect specimen collection time, overfilling/ under filling of specimen collection vials, insufficient volume to perform the test, improper clotting, hemolysis, contamination etc.
Intensive training would be imparted on fundamental principles of safe blood collection & biological specimens handling that will help develop the critical capacity of maintaining first-rate specimen quality and protect the safety of patients and medical staff. The CoE also has a simulation room that will offer the opportunity to learn and practice in a realistic yet risk-free environment. We hope that this training will be beneficial to you to understand the best practices in pre-analytical processes for accurate and reliable diagnosis.
|Date & Venue details
- Date: 6th & 7th December, 2019
- Venue: Department of Laboratory Medicine, MIOT International, Chennai
|Who Can Attend?
- Students in Allied Health Sciences – BSc & MSc (MLT)
- Laboratory Professionals
- PG Students in Basic Medical Sciences – (MD’s)
- Laboratory Technicians
- Laboratory Safety
- Infection control and bio-safety
- Anatomy and physiology of body system in relation to phlebotomy
- Collection of Specimens (blood, body fluids, tissue, etc., )
- Blood Collection Devices
- Phlebotomy technique
- Phlebotomy Complications & handling them
- Test requisition, specimen transport and processing
- Quality assurance in phlebotomy, communication and attitude
- Practical (Laboratory practice using Dummy Arm & Training Heel)
- Registrations is limited to 25 Members only, on First Come First Serve Basis
- Registration is a must for every delegate attending the Certificate Course in Phlebotomy.
- Registration fee is not transferable & non refundable
- Registration will be confirmed only on receipt of the payment
- Registration Fees: Rs.1200/- (One Thousand Two Hundred Only)
|For further queries or assistance
|If you require more information please contact Dr.CN. Srinivas, Director Department of Laboratory Medicine, MIOT International. Phone +91 77080 37336 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org