Master safe surgical techniques by attending the INTERNATIONAL SURGICAL SKILLS COURSE
We cordially invite you to attend the 2day International Surgical Skills Course that we’re conducting. This hands on training course has been thoughtfully designed to teach you the principles of good practice in,
- Knot tying
- Anastomosis (Open and laparoscopic)
- Ergonomics for endoscopic surgery
- Exposure to surgical stapling
- Advanced energy devices
Also, with a renowned faculty being chosen to take you through the course, we’re sure you’ll master the safe surgical techniques and hone your skills further.
Learning Outcome: Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the use and correct handling of surgical instruments.
- Describe the variety of reliable knots, including surgical reef knots, Aberdeen knot and tying at depth.
- Demonstrate suturing a variety of tissues, including the bowel and vascular tissue effectively.
- Demonstrate basic open and laparoscopic techniques for small bowel, vascular anastomoses and stricturoplasty.
- Demonstrate safe practice in minimal access surgery including ergonomics.
- Understand the principles of surgical stapling and advanced energy devices.
This course is suitable for Postgraduates pursuing M.S. / M.Ch. in Gastroenterology / Oncology / DNB / General Medicine & Surgeons.
Venue: Day 1 – MIOT International, Chennai (1st half) & Ethicon Institute, OMR (2nd half)
Venue: Day 2 – Ethicon Institute, OMR
Please fill the below registration form, to confirm your participation we request you to courier a cheque for Rs. 2000/- in favor of ‘MIOT Hospitals Private Limited’ to MIOT Hospitals (ISSC) 4/112, Mount Poonamallee Road, Manapakkam, Chennai, India – 600 089. Tel: +91 44 4200 2288, Extn: 5421. The cheque will be returned upon completion of course. If you require any assistance please contact Ms. Monica – Mob: + 91 7708068218, Lan: +91 44 4200 2288, Extn: 5421, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|20th September||21st September|
|Dr Ravindran Kumeran (GI Surgeon)||Prof Doug McWhinnie (General & Vascular Surgeon)|
|Prof Satish Kumar (Plastic Surgeon)||Dr J S Rajkumar (GI Surgeon)|
|Dr K Ramkumar (Upper GI Surgeon)||Dr J K A Jameel (GI Surgeon)|
|Prof Ramya (General and Endocrine Surgeon)||Dr V Balaji (Vascular Surgeon)|
|Dr Sandeep Murali (GI Surgeon)||Dr N Ragavan (Urologist)|
|Dr Senthilnathan (GI Surgeon)||Dr. Karthik Maruthachalam (GI Surgeon)|
|Dr. Karthik Maruthachalam (GI Surgeon)||Prof V Baskaran (GI Surgeon)|
|Day 1 - MORNING SESSION AT MIOT AUDITORIUM|
|08.00||Introduction to Laparoscopic surgery|
|08.30||Basic grasping & manipulation of polo mint|
|09.30||Tying extracorporeal roeder knots on simulator (Glove model)|
|10.30||Cutting shape (Glove model)|
|11.30||Intracorporeal suturing on model (Interrupted & continuous) (surgical knot, slipped square knot, continuous and mattress)|
|POST LUNCH SESSION IN ETHICON FACILITY AT OMR|
|14.30||Basic knot tying (Reef knot, Instrument tie, Surgeons knots & Tie at depth)|
|15.30||End to End bowel anastomosis (interrupted, instrument tied knots)|
|16.30||Formative assessment (30 minutes)|
|Day 2 - ETHICON LAB, CHENNAI|
|09.00||Surgical stapling & advanced energy devices (Industry demonstration)|
|10.00||Stapled bowel anastomosis (Linear and circular stapler) with models|
|12:00||Vein patch with Dacron|
|13.00||Formative assessment (30 min)|
|14.00||Laparoscopic gastrectomy with stapled gastrojejunal anastomosis|
|15:00||Laparoscopic right hemicolectomy with intracorporeal stapled side to side ileocolic anastomosis|
|16:00||Laparoscopic intracorporeal sutured small bowel anastomosis|
Mr. C R Selvasekar
Consultant Colorectal Surgeon,
The Christie Hospital, U.K.
Mr. Sai Krishna Vittal
Dr. Uma Krishnaswmay
|Organizing Host||Course Organizer|
Dr. Prithvi Mohandas
Managing Director, MIOT International
Dr. Karthik Maruthachalam
Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeon, MIOT International
Registration by post:
- Registration is Free. Download the above invite and fill the registration form.
- Include a cheque for Rs. 2000/- in favour of ‘MIOT Hospitals Private Limited’, this is to confirm your participation. The cheque will be returned upon completion of course.
- Please send the duly filled form and the cheque to MIOT Hospitals (ISSC) 4/112, Mount Poonamallee Road, Manapakkam, Chennai, India – 600 089. Tel: +91 44 4200 2288, Extn: 5421.