MIOT Advanced Centre for Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases
The surgical treatment of all patients with diseases of the digestive tract comes under the purview of the Department of Surgical Gastroenterology.
High-end, high-precision surgery
MIOT International’s trained and expert surgeons perform open and advanced minimal-access surgery (laparoscopy or thoracoscopy). They also do revision surgeries on patients who have had complications from earlier operations.
MACGILD’s cutting-edge surgical infrastructure can be matched by very few centres in the country. For laparoscopic surgery, our surgeons use sophisticated HD-system optics, power systems such as harmonic scalpel, Enseal, Ligasure and APC, and high-precision operative imaging systems such as laparoscopic ultrasound, and more.
The equipment and instrumentation for open surgery is similarly high-end and includes intra-operative ultrasound and CUSA, in addition to dedicated and completely infection-free OTs and ICUs.
From ulcers to cancers
The Department’s specialists treat:
- Upper GI conditions such as severe gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD), cancer of the oesophagus and stomach, complicated duodenal or gastric ulcers, and upper GI bleeding that is not controlled by endoscopy.
- All diseases of the colon and rectum, from polyps and rectal prolapse to uncontrolled ulcerative colitis and cancers of the colon and rectum.
- Other abdominal conditions, such as treatment of various tumours of the abdominal cavity and gastrointestinal lining (the mesentery, mesocolon and retro-peritoneum).
Treatments and Procedures
- Nissen 360o floppy fundoplication
- Partial fundoplication
- Heller’s seromyotomy
- Excision of osesophageal diverticulum
- Truncal vagotomy and gastric drainage
- Closure of duodenal / gastric perforation
- Resection of GIST
- Colectomies for cancer and benign diseases
- Total Mesorectal Resection
- Abdominoperineal Resection
- Total proctocolectomy and ileal pouch-anal anastomosis
- Resection and anastomosis of small intestine
- Adhesiolysis for intestinal obstruction
- Closure of intestinal perforation
- Removal of intra-abdominal and retroperitoneal cysts
- Staging laparotomy
- Lienorenal shunt
- Warren’s shunt